This is what I think of when I hear the word empathy.
This is what I think of when I hear the word anger.
This is what I think of when I hear the word fear.
When your film has tragedy, sadness, fear or anger then your moving image should be in a close shot.
When your film has comedy then it should be filmed in a wide shot.
The only types of people in films are:
- The innocent character e.g. the child in the Boy In The Striped Pyjamas –
- Orphan is someone needy who tries to get on with everybody – Self
- Hero – Persona. The person who rescues characters.
- Care Giver – They care about characters
- Explorer – The character who goes out and explores.
- Rebel – The character who goes against the opposing team.
- Lover – Gives love
- Creator – Creates the characters and things
- Jester – Plays the fool
- Sage – Has the answers – Fills in the gaps.
- Magician –
- Ruler – Dictator – The character that rules. NOT King, Queen etc. E.G. Emperor and Darth Vader
Innate – A character you like because of their traits above
Aspire – Reminds me… I am not alone.
- Other world
Horror has changed dramatically over time.
Horror movies started as monsters then slasher, home invasion, torture, paranormal and psychological.
In more recent horrors, the main character is a teen boy. This is because teen boys go to the movies with their friends or partner.